Day 28 - Maiden voyage

If this is your first visit, please realize that the posts are in backwards chronological order, so this is actually the last step. You may want to start with the Introduction.


Now that everything is done, she is ready to sail. I still have to trim excess lines and brass wires, decide if I want to add pin stripes and perhaps numbers on the sail. For now, I want to go sailing. Here are a couple of very brief videos of the first sail in the lake behind my house (just keep in mind that Blogger is not great with video quality):







Here are a couple of photos of the author (me) sailing on the real deal:





And here are some videos on my YouTube channel of some sailing. The first was a great overnight race with my two sons and two sailing buddies:

2015 Maryland Governor's Cup Race:

The second is a bit longer but some nice shots of the Beneteau 49 I regularly sail on:

Sailing down the Potomac River and the Chesapeake:

I hope your build of the T37 goes well and would love to see your photos. I welcome your comments and feedback. 

Good luck and thanks for checking out my build log!

Gary


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction — Why do a build log?

Day 4 - Assembling the keel, finishing fairing

Day 16 - Applying varnish to the deck