Day 27 - Last steps - Adding the running rigging
Wow! Finally at the last stage of this whole process.
This phase of completing the running rigging starts with some steps I did not take photos of, but the instructions should be clear on those. Here is what I did capture:
Attach the jib clew to the end of the jib boom with a piece of the brass wire. I left mine for trimming later when I was certain everything was the way it needed to be:
The Main boom sits below the main and attaches to the open screw eye on the lower mast:
The jib and forestay tube attach to the bow screw eye and the the boom attaches to the forestay screw eye above or inside of the bow screw eye. Note that you can add spectra to the jib tack grommet and jib head grommet to add luff tension. I did not do this yet:
At the top of the mast, I removed the tape that had been holding the plastic tubing that runs down the mast in place. To this I taped the masthead fly:
Here, the forestay and jib attach to the open screw eye 5 inches down from the top of the mast. Again, note that I did not yet attach spectra to the jib head grommet to add luff tension:
Backstay in place on the transom screw eye:
Shrouds attached to the open screw eyes on port and starboard side decks:
The guide loops for the sail control lines are set into the holes running around the companionway opening after being bent into proper shape, cut to proper length and dipped in epoxy:
The main clew is attached with wire to the boom just as the jib was:
Another shot of the rudder control assembly:
Hard to make out in this not very good photo is the ring attached to the center of the boom with a brass wire, to which the mainsheet will be attached:
This shot is a bit better:
Here she is, completely rigged. I have not trimmed excess main and jib sheets yet:
Now, she's ready to sail!




















Comments
Post a Comment